Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF WWW.MYMORTGAGEPLACE.CA
Last revision: April 14, 2022
The following Terms and Conditions govern and apply to your use of or reliance upon this website maintained by Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG (the “Website”). Your access or use of the Website indicates that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions and any other applicable laws, statutes and/or regulations. We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notice, effective upon its posting to the Website. Your continued use of the Website will be considered your acceptance to the revised Terms and Conditions.
- 1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY All intellectual property on the Website is owned by us or our licencors, which includes materials protected by copyright, trademark, or patent laws. All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by us. All content on the Website, including but not limited to text, software, code, designs, graphics, photos, sounds, music, videos, applications, interactive features and all other content is a collective work under Canadian and other copyright laws and is the proprietary property of the Company; All rights reserved.
3. ACCEPTABLE USE
You agree not to use the Website for any unlawful purpose, or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website in any way that could damage the Website, the services or the general business of Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG.
You further agree not to use and/or access the Website:
- a) To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person's legal rights;
- b) To violate any intellectual property rights offered
- c) To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another;
- d) To perpetrate any fraud;
- e) To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme;
- f) To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material;
- g) To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate or discrimination towards any group;
- h) To unlawfully gather information about others.
- 4. PROTECTION OF PRIVACY Through your use of the Website, you may provide us with certain information. By using the Website, you authorize us to use your information in Canada and any other country where we may operate. We may receive information from external applications you use to access our Website, or we may receive information through various web technologies, such as cookies, log files, clear gifs, web beacons or others. We use the information gathered from you to ensure your continued good experience on our website. We may also track certain of the passive information received to improve our marketing and analytics, and for this, we may work with third-party providers, including other marketers. If you would like to disable our access to any passive information we receive from the use of various technologies, you may choose to disable cookies in your web browser.
- 5. ASSUMPTION OF RISK The Website is provided for communication purposes only. You acknowledge and agree that any information posted on our Website is not intended to be legal advice, medical advice, or financial advice, and no fiduciary relationship has been created between you and Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG. You further agree that your purchase of any of the products on the Website is at your own risk. We do not assume responsibility or liability for any advice or other information given on the Website.
6. REVERSE ENGINEERING & SECURITY
You may not undertake any of the following actions:
- a) Reverse engineer, or attempt to reverse engineer or disassemble any code or software from or on the Website;
- b) Violate the security of the Website through any unauthorized access, circumvention of encryption or other security tools, data mining or interference to any host, user or network.
- 7. INDEMNIFICATION You defend and indemnify Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG and any of its affiliates and hold us harmless against any and all legal claims and demands, including reasonable attorney's fees, which may arise from or relate to your use or misuse of the Website, your breach of these Terms and Conditions, or your conduct or actions. We will select our own legal counsel and may participate in our own defense, if we wish to so.
- 8. SPAM POLICY You are strictly prohibited from using the Website or any of our services for illegal spam activities, including gathering email addresses and personal information from others or sending any mass commercial emails.
- 9. THIRD-PARTY LINKS & CONTENT We may occasionally post links to third party websites or other services. We are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage caused as a result of your use of any third party services linked to from our Website.
- 10. VARIATION To the extent any part or sub-part of these Terms and Conditions is held ineffective or invalid by any court of law, the prior, effective version of these Terms and Conditions be considered enforceable and valid to the fullest extent.
- 11. SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS We may need to interrupt your access to the Website to perform maintenance or emergency services on a scheduled or unscheduled basis. You agree that your access to the Website may be affected by unanticipated or unscheduled downtime, for any reason, but that the we will have no liability for any damage or loss caused as a result of such downtime.
- 12. NO WARRANTIES Your use of the Website is at your sole and exclusive risk and any services provided by us are on an "as is" basis. We disclaim any and all express or implied warranties of any kind, including, but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Website will meet your needs or that the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the Website or obtained through the Services. Any damage that may occur to you, through your computer system, or as a result of loss of your data from your use of the Website is your sole responsibility and we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
- 14. LIMITATION ON LIABILITY We are not liable for any damages that may occur to you as a result of your use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law. The maximum liability of Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG arising from your use of the Website is limited to the greater of one hundred ($100) Canadian Dollars or the amount you paid to Jim Cook, Mortgage Broker, TMG in the last six (6) months. This applies to any and all claims by you, including, but not limited to, lost profits or revenues, consequential or punitive damages, negligence, strict liability, fraud, or torts of any kind.